NMC Healthcare is the only healthcare provider with a pan UAE presence, putting it in a league of its own with only regional competition and no comparable competitors at the national level. For 40 years, NMC Healthcare has earned the reputation of being a world-class medical institution synonymous with genuine care and commitment.
NMC has two main lines of business:
- Healthcare: Hospitals, Day Surgery Centres, Medical Centres and Pharmacies
- Distribution: Pharmaceuticals, Scientific, FMCG, Food, Veterinary and Educational products
NMC Healthcare is proud to be one of the few companies in the GCC and the first from the UAE to be listed on the premium segment of the London Stock Exchange. NMC is also part of the FTSE-250 index. NMC Health raised $168.1 million in the IPO. NMC Healthcare had revenues of $643 million in 2014 and employs over 6000 people across the UAE. NMC Healthcare currently operates super-specialty hospitals in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Al Ain. NMC Healthcare operates Brightpoint Royal Women’s Hospital, the first private mother and child hospital in Abu Dhabi. Two general hospitals and a Day Surgery Centre in Dubai, Medical Centre and Dr. Sunny Healthcare clinic in Sharjah. NMC Healthcare also has a chain of retail pharmacies across Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai and Sharjah. NMC has committed to open a 250 bed super-specialty NMC Royal Hospital in Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi.
NMC Healthcare operates 4 JCI accredited specialty hospitals in the UAE. This is the highest number in the private sector.
- According to the UAE healthcare market assessment study done by Booz & Company in 2012, in terms of healthcare market share, NMC is the number one on the inpatient front and number 2 on the outpatient front across the entire UAE.
- NMC Specialty Hospital, Al Ain ranks 1st in outpatient satisfaction and 3rd in inpatient satisfaction in the 2012 patient satisfaction survey undertaken by Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD)
- NMC Specialty Hospital, Abu Dhabi ranks 2nd in inpatient satisfaction in the 2012 patient satisfaction survey undertaken by Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD)
YouGov Siraj Survey:
In a UAE healthcare market survey undertaken by YouGov Siraj to determine the brand equity of healthcare providers, the following findings were made.
- NMC enjoys strong brand recognition across the UAE
- Among its competitive set, NMC enjoys the highest levels of both top-of-mind awareness (11%) and prompted awareness (51%). Respondents in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah show the highest awareness of NMC (70% and 68%, respectively)
- Awareness is 65% in Dubai, 41% in Al Ain, falling to 35% in the other Emirates where NMC does not have a presence.
In a UAE healthcare market survey undertaken by YouGov Siraj to determine the band equity of healthcare providers, the following findings were made.
- Aside from awareness, NMC also has the highest trial levels among its UAE competitors
- Over 3 in 5 respondents in the UAE are aware of NMC (62%). Of those who are aware of NMC, over half have visited it in the past (trial ratio= 55%)
- Among previous visitors to NMC, over half have visited/revisited in the last 12 months (retention ratio=59%).
- In a UAE healthcare market survey undertaken by YouGov Siraj to determine the brand equity of healthcare providers, the following findings were made NMC is the most requested healthcare provider to be covered by UAE insurance plans.
- Over one-third of respondents (39%) would select NMC as their top choice to be covered by their health insurance plan. This is highest in Abu Dhabi (64% although Al Noor Hospital tops the list with 67%) and among Asians in general (51%)
- Interestingly, about 17% of respondents in the Emirates where NMC has no presence said it would also be their top choice.
- Those with a company provided health insurance plan are the most likely to call for having NMC in their insurance plan network. Interest in having NMC in their network coverage is fairly consistent across the various income groups (less than AED10,000-38%; AED10,000-AED19,999- 43%; AED20,000- AED29,999-42%; AED30,000+-33%).
NMC Healthcare is operating emergency ambulance services and clinics and first-aid posts for following distinguished clients:
NMC Healthcare is approved for conducting medical check-ups while recruiting on-shore and off-shore projects for the following institutions: